Snort mailing list archives

Re: Can we send email using Outlook as the smtp server with ACID?

From: Demetri Mouratis <dmourati () cm math uiuc edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 13:29:38 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Chhabria, Kavita - Apogent wrote:

Hello all:

Does anyone know as to how to send emails using Outlook as the SMTP server
from ACID.

Well, you haven't specified your local MTA on the ACID box.  Assuming you
still have qmail there, you need to instruct qmail to relay to the
ip/hostname of the M$ box you want to deliver the mail.
http://cr.yp.to/qmail/faq/outgoing.html#notlocal

I think you mean Exchange rather than Outlook but what the hell do I know
about M$ anyway.

HTH.