Snort mailing list archives

Re: Barnyard output

From: AGM <anothergoodman () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 05:23:40 -0700 (PDT)

And one other nice feature of Barnyard - in a WAN
environment with multiple sniffing sites, where a
central database is across a WAN link from the
sniffers, Barnyard can insure that a loss of
connection to the database won't become a loss of
data, pushing it into the database when the connection
is restored.  This depends on the local disk space and
"spooling" to the log files that snort writes and
where barnyard gets its input from.  Bardyard can also
keep track of what records/files have been processed
if, say, your sniffer box crashes or is rebooted.

- AGM

--- Ralf Spenneberg <lists () spenneberg org> wrote:
Hi Tony,