Snort mailing list archives

MySQL function

From: <support () nps-dc org>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 15:33:28 -0400

If nothing else get's offered, he's what Rube goldberg (and me) would do:

cron a php call in webpage that'll fetch the data you want and dump it into
a file. Then use your (also cron'd) shell script to see if the file has
changed, if so, manipulate any of the goods in the file to your heart's
content.  Or this hyothetical php page could dump the formatted data into a
nice .pdf and email to any interested parties as an automated report.

sitepointforums.com is a good place for quick/dirty PHP advice.

-fernando