Snort mailing list archives

acid - mysql support not being read -success

From: "Dave O'Donnell" <daveod () unison ie>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 22:48:26 +0100

ok - I'm running php 5.0.0b1, Win2k , mySQL 3.23.51

Tried using php-5.0.0b1-Win32.zip,
with the following ,
adodb350.zip with
snort-2.0.1.tar.gz
Sadly got the result that php will not compile
mysql not supported.
I tried both isapi & cgi versions,
various mods to php.ini etc - no way was
mySQL getting read, although any other extension
I enabled was getting read.

Anyway , at this stage I decided to try
stepping back a bit - so I downloaded
php-4.3.2-Win32.zip , a previous win binary.
I followed the docs & this worked perfectly -
Was version 5 win-32 compiled with mySQL ???

Anyway, I'm happy now-
Woo-Hoo - time for a pint.