Snort mailing list archives

Re: react: block

From: cc <cc () belfordhk com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 09:19:12 +0800

Matt Kettler wrote:

Heh, "react: block" basically causes snort to use flexresp to try to
reset the connection.

Of course, if the transfer consists only of one packet, resetting the
connection won't matter.

Also in the case of very small http'ed images and snort running stream4,
you won't likely try to issue a reset until the image is done anyway.

Oh darn.  I was hoping to also use snort as a wannabe-proxy :).

Seriously, my knowledge in this is still shallow so there's still ways
for me to understand all this.

Thanks for the info, Matt!

Edmund

** All information contained in this email is strictly     **
** confidential and may be used by the intended receipient **
** only.                                                   **