Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Started

From: "Jason K. Boykin" <jboykin () summit-research-corp com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 09:53:33 -0500

Snort is probably not running.  Check ps -ax | grep snort for linux or check
the task manager for windows.  Instead of using the startup script try using
that same start string at the command prompt and see if any errors get
returned.  If you tried to set up snort to log to the database thats probably
your culprit.  You can also tag a -T at the end of your snort start string
which will test your settings and you should be able to find your problem
with that.