Snort mailing list archives

Re: Re[2]: thresholding

From: Doug Nordwall <doug () pnl gov>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 06:46:49 -0700

regardless of this, none of them work. Please go back and check the original email in this thread. I can't even get the most simple case of suppressing a particular rule to work. This thread seems to have mutated into "am i using the rule right" and missed the "can I use it at all" part :) I tried multiple options, with src and dst. Most importantly, though, suppress didn't work with no src _or_ dst. It's not a problem of me limiting or thresholding. It's not a problem in which way to go. It's a fundamental problem with it just flat out not working.

Fortunately, Chris is working on it :) Thanks again.