Snort mailing list archives

RE: error installing according to doc

From: pdt () jackhammer org
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:17:42 -0500 (CDT)

This is my build doc for a RedHat 9 system I built a few months ago with
Apache2, mod_perl and PHP.  It might help you, not saying it's a perfect
build but I was in a hurry.

#Apache2 with SSL, mod_perl and PHP on a redhat 9 system
tar -zxvf httpd-2.0.45.tar.gz
tar -zxvf php-4.3.1.tar.gz
tar -zxvf mod_perl-2.0-current.tar.gz

cd httpd-2.0.45
./configure --enable-modules="auth-ldap log-config env mime-magic expires
headers ssl static-support static-htpasswd static-htdigest
static-rotatelogs static-logresolve http mime status autoindex info suexec
cgi alias rewrite so" --prefix=/usr/local/apache

#There is alot of debate on the thread count to use
# num procs or num procs + 1 on my system (dual proc 1ghz pIII)
#here is how the two perform on my hardware:
# -j2:
#real    1m33.588s
#user    1m55.961s
#sys     0m37.037s
#
#-j3
#real    1m32.330s
#user    1m56.221s
#sys     0m35.545s
make -j3
make install

#php
cd ../php-4.3.1
./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs --with-pgsql --with-mysql
make -j3
make install
cp php.ini-dist /usr/local/lib/php.ini

#mod_perl
cd ../mod_perl-1.99_09 #don't ask me why it is 1.99 when it says 2.0
cd mod_perl-1.99_09
perl Makefile.PL MP_INST_APACHE2=1 MP_AP_PREFIX=/usr/local/apache
make -j3 && make test && make install

cd /usr/local/apache/conf
mkdir ssl.crt
mkdir ssl.key
openssl genrsa 1024 > ssl.key/server.key
#this one will ask you several questions, the only answer that you should
#really worry about getting right is the hostname that you will use the cert
#with, apache gets a little upset if you use a name that doesn't match the
#host name
openssl req -new -x509 -nodes -sha1 -days 365 -key ssl.key/server.key >
ssl.crt/server.crt

#add the following to httpd.conf to "activate" php
echo "LoadModule php4_module modules/libphp4.so" >> httpd.conf
AddType "application/x-httpd-php .php" >> httpd.conf

#redirect all http traffic to https
echo "RewriteEngine on" >> httpd.conf
echo "RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT}      !^443$" >> httpd.conf
echo "RewriteRule ^/(.*)              https://%{SERVER_NAME}/$1 [L,R]" >>
httpd.conf

/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl startssl