Snort mailing list archives

Re: sshd-exploit & new RPC!=low blood pressure

From: twig les <twigles () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:35:59 -0700 (PDT)

This is the excuse everyone needs to lock down their host
firewalls to only a couple source IPs for SSH connections and
review their anti-spoofing acls.  As for keeping your blood
pressure low ... it's Wednesday, so stay off of Bugtraq.  BTW,
there is a 'sploit in the wild for that new(er) MS rpc thingy.
Not much info out yet and I'm trying to avoid the mainstream
media's take on it since they suck.  Securityfocus has a little
article on it, pretty bare.

So buckle up!