Snort mailing list archives

AW: Snort x Dragon Integration?

From: "Poppi, Sandro" <Sandro.Poppi () wacker com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 10:13:20 +0200

I tried it sometime ago with Dragon 5 and Snort snmp plugin, but the results
were not what I expected. AFAIR there where problems to differentiate the
OIDs in Dragon to have Dragon report on each specific Snort rule.

If you plan to work on it I could send you a small script to convert Snort
rules (pre 2.0) to Dragon rules if I can find it again ;)

As of Dragon 6 I think it should be possible to write an own Dragon plugin
for Snort (using the newly introduced Dragon API for development) but never
tried it though.

So long,
Sandro

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone tried to integrate Dragon and Snort?

What I mean by integration is having Snort detect events, send
them to Dragon (SNMP?) and have Dragon take action?

I thought about that possibility and I wondered if anyone had tried.

Thanks for any opinions,

Bernardo Santos Wernesback
bernardo -= at =- ish.com.br