Snort mailing list archives

link between MP3 sites and Cyberkit pings ?

From: Jean Michel BARBET <Jean-Michel.Barbet () subatech in2p3 fr>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:49:41 +0200

Hi,

My sensor is also alerting on CyberKit Pings since August, 15th.
There are two cases :

a) one external IP pings several hosts on our LAN (kind of ICPM scan).

b) 2 specific hosts on our LAN are the target of more than 50% of the
   Cyberkit ping traffic.

I do not understand b). The only clue is that both host have been
used to connect to MP3 sites.

=> any similar experience ? explanation ?

Jean-Michel BARBET.

--
Jean-michel BARBET                    | Tel: +33 (0)2 51 85 84 86
Laboratoire SUBATECH Nantes France    | Fax: +33 (0)2 51 85 84 79