Snort mailing list archives

shared libraries error

From: cc <cc () belfordhk com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:21:26 +0800

Hi,

I downloaded Snortsam and patched the snort files.  I tried
to compile snort, but it gave me an automake-1.6 file could
not be found error.

I d/led 1.63 of automake and installed it.  I then compiled
the thing and it compiled.   But when I ran snort, ie.
./bin/snort -de -l ./log -c snort.conf,

I get the following error:

./bin/snort: error while loading shared libraries: cannot open shared
object file: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory

(Notice, that it doesn't even mention which shared library is missing.
That's what's stumping me.  Had it been libmysqlclient.so, it'd be
utterly easy to solve, but without a clue as to what library, I'm
lost.)

I know it is a library issue.   I remember seeing a 'ld' command
which shows what libraries the executable is looking for.

Any help appreciated.

** All information contained in this email is strictly     **
** confidential and may be used by the intended receipient **
** only.                                                   **