Snort mailing list archives

ICMP PING CyberKit 2.2 Windows

From: "Stevo" <checkpoint () ozbergs com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 17:30:32 -0700

Guys,

So what's the deal with the 72000 odd ICMP PING CyberKit 2.2 Windows alerts
I've got in the past few days??  It's frickin crazy...  I've read the posts
on here, but what is actually causing this and is there anything I can do at
my perimeter to stop these ICMP messages hitting my network??

It's just annoying and I don't want to remove the rule that picks up on the
ICMP PING CyberKit 2.2 Windows!!

Ideas??

Stevo