Snort mailing list archives

snort ―> mysql

From: "Roger Brown" <roger.brown () intervoice com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 18:08:14 -0500

I tried to find the answer in the archives but no luck yet.
I have Redhat 9, Snort 2.0.0, acid, mysql, snortcenter

Redhat 9
I have installed snort 2.0.0 - running find
On another system I installed mysql and acid and snortcenter

I can not get snort to log to the mysql database - I followed the Snort Enterpirse Implementation doc

From the snort box I did a > mysql -u snort -p --host=10.10.10.10   and it connected ok

From the mysql database server I did a $ echo "SELECT count(*) FROM event" | snort -u root -p

and got a count (*) of 0

Any direction or help would sure be appreciated...

Below is a insert of my snort.conf file
output database: log, mysql, user=snort password=mypass dbname=snort host=10.10.10.10