Snort mailing list archives

RE: SnortCenter over writes variables

From: Jonathon Brenner <jbrenner () itxc com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 09:40:16 -0400

Leave all default Snortcenter config items (variables, rules, plugins, etc)
as is.  If you would like to customize them, create new items under the
"Resources" menu (copy the original item config and tweak it).  Then
deactivate the default items that you wanted to change and activate your new
custom items.  Your custom items won't get overwritten when you update from
the Net.