Snort mailing list archives

RE: Problem with Snort 2.0.0 and MySQL Client with Redhat 9

From: "Patrick S. Harper" <lists () internetsecurityguru com>
Date: 23 Apr 2003 06:03:55 -0700

Thanks for the compliment, I am working on a doc for RH9 MySQL 4 and
Snort 2, it will will be done soon but if anyone needs the draft to test
it let me know.  I have received a many e-mails from people that were
able to use the current doc for RH8 and get it running well, and with
little or no trouble, that was my intention so I am a very happy camper.
--
Patrick S. Harper | CISSP MCSE
patrick () internetsecurityguru com

"If we aren't supposed to eat
animals, why are they made
of meat?"

I am sure that RedHat 9.0 has a glitch for PHP. As PHP wouldn't run on my
home 9.0 that was freshly installed not upgraded like my machine at work.
PHP works fine on the upgraded machine. Very weird....

Last night I reinstalled 8.0 version on the home machine and tonite I am
going to install snort 2.0 on it to see if there is a PHP problem. I don't
think there will be.

I used the guide by Patrick Harper "Snort 1.9.1, Apache 1.3.27, PHP 4.3.1,
MySQL 3.23.55 and Acid 0.9.6b23 install on RedHat 8.0". It is a brilliant
guide. It was e-mailed to snort-users some time ago.

I used to have RedHat 8.0 with MySQL 4.0.12 and some
glibc. After a couple
of months I finally got Snort 1.9.1 to work and
realized there is RH9.0 and
Snort 2.0. I upgraded 8.0 to 9.0 and my Snort still
works. And the system
shows that I still have the same  MySQL version and
it shows glibc as 2.3.2.
I am about to try and upgrade Snort to 2.0 now. I
will see what errors I
will get.