Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort 2.0.0 with mysql

From: David Alonso De La Vega Tapage <delavegad () bancoaliado com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 14:05:03 -0500

maybe and only maybe your problem is then your RH is Workstation version and don't have gcc cc dcc libraries inside .. in that case donwload and instal C gcc and all dependeces .. and your problem be solved ..

David Powell wrote:

Marty, suggested I download and install Snort 2.0.0.  I want to install it
on a mysql 4.0 client and devel running Linux 8.0.  I got a error when I
tried to compile it using the ./configure -with-mysql option....   The
message says "error: no acceptable C compiler found in $Path"  just after
checking for cl.... Feedback was no.  I think the answer to this problem is
an easy one, but not sure what to do....

Dave Powell - Network Analyst