Snort mailing list archives

Re: New stream 4 messages in 2.0

From: Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 09:03:18 -0400

Russell Fulton <r.fulton () auckland ac nz> writes:

Hi All,
      We have just upgraded to 2.0 and are seeing lots of alerts for these:

(snort_decoder) WARNING: TCP Data Offset is less than 5!
(snort_decoder): T/TCP Detected

Just what triggers these alerts and is there any way to turn them off?

BTW all the "TCP Data Offset is less than 5!" come from three Akamai
boxes housed on our DMZ :(  Those things seem to bend all the rules to
breaking point, sigh...

Mind sending me a packet dump to see what these things are doing? :)

The "T/TCP Detected" all seem to be from incoming connections.

2.0.0:
config disable_ttcp_alerts

2.0.x also accepts

config disable_tcpopt_ttcp_alerts

--
Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
Laugh and the world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone.