Snort mailing list archives

about idmef xml

From: lucy lee <kidlucy88 () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 19:52:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
   I can't get any alerts in idmef xml form.I want to
know whether snort-1.9.0-idmef-1.1.tar.gz itself has
bugs or i have error operation?
   Now i just get xml declaration in
idmef-messages.log, alert_id_num always
not be written and empty. messages given by run is
such as :
  IDMEF(): Unknown caller type, returning
  IDMEF(): not an IDMEF rule, returning
or
  IDMEF:cannot output messages on a NULL facility
or
  Segmentation fault
  while rules have been appended using option such as
"idmef:default" by me.libxml2,libidmf and libntp all
have been installed. I run snort as root right,too.
  I'm very anxious.Who can paste process about snort
with idmef xml and give me more suggestions?

  thanks in advance!

Lucy