Snort mailing list archives

AW: no portscan traffic

From: "Poppi, Sandro" <Sandro.Poppi () wacker com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 14:24:34 +0200

Björn,

I suppose you're nmap'ing on the same host you configured snort to listen on
(e.g. eth0 with linux). Either configure snort to listen on the loopback
device (lo with linux) and namp localhost, or use another station in your
network to nmap your snort box. Make sure you don't have preprocessor
portscan-ignorehosts or portscan2-ignorehosts configured to ignore your nmap
box.

If your snort box is listening on a switch make sure to use a mirror/SPAN
port to receive all the traffic you expect it to receive.

HTH,
Sandro

Hi all

I use a Snort 1.9.1 and is working fine with ACID ACID v0.9.6b23
Now I want understand how ACID display alerts... I used nmap
to get portscan traffic, but there is still no alert ( 0%) Is
there somehting wrong configured? Or has someone a manual to
easy understand the alerts?

Björn Gosswiler
Network / Security Engineer