Snort mailing list archives

[Fwd: Re: No output to ACID]

From: Jill Tovey <jill.tovey () bigbluedoor com>
Date: 15 Apr 2003 14:04:54 +0100

On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 13:54, Joerg Weber wrote:
Jill,

Hi,

yes you're right, that question was answered, my apologies for not
looking it up - however, this is not so much my problem, my problem is
why I am not getting an output to acid, rather than why I can't connect
to mysql from snort, which has not as far as I have found been answered
previously.
Your problem with MySQL is your problem with ACID.
ACID takes the data from the MySQL database. No logging into that DB- no
output in ACID. Because ACID has no data to display....
Simple, isn't it? ;)
Yes, I know that the permissions was what was causing the problem now!
However, I did not before that because I couldn't find any information
about the original problem to point me in the direction of finding out
that that was what was causing it?!
(Actually, its still not fixed so that was only part of the problem
anyway).

Joerg

--
Joerg Weber