Snort mailing list archives

Snortcenter and windows

From: Snow Jacob C KPWA <JacobSC () kpt nuwc navy mil>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:17:27 -0700

I am just curious if other people out there are running everything on
windows.  I just got my sensor and database to work together and log stuff
and all is well with the world.  I am now trying to install snortcenter v
1.0 to manage my sensor(s) but when I look at the documentation (off their
website) it is asking me to run a perl script.  I don't have a perl
interpreter, and would rather not use perl if I can help it.

Is there a way to set up the agent for 1.0 on a windows machine without
using perl?  Documentation, etc?  I would greatly appreciate some guidance
in this as I am a snort/snortcenter n00b. :-)

Thank you,

Jacob Snow

jacobsc () kpt nuwc navy mil <mailto:jacobsc () kpt nuwc navy mil>

(360)315-3487

NAVSEA Intern