Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort 2.0.0rc4 openbsd 3.2 short udp packetcomplaints (Absent jusqu'au 29/07/2002)

From: "Pascal Painparay" <pascal.painparay () tdf fr>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 17:35:46 +0200

Je suis absent jusqu'au 21/04/03 inclus.
En cas d'urgence, Vous pouvez contacter :
  Christophe Savin au 01 49 15 32 75.

Cdt
Pascal Painparay

snort-users 04/14/03 17:03 >>>

robin <mstubbs () facstaff wisc edu> writes:

I upgraded snort and I have to admit using the same config as I had
for snort 1.9.
Immediately as soon as the new version started it gave out
messages like 116:97:1 (snort_decoder): Short UDP packet, length field
payload length
(I doubt that this is the case.) It shows values like
router:0 -> broadcast:0 UDP TTL:2 TOS:0xC0 ID:0 IpLen:20 DgmLen:552
Len: 504

The decoder bails out quickly when it encounters an error so the print
outs will be less useful than normal.   If you can send me the packet
it alerted on (preferably in PCAP), I will see what was in error.
--
Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>