Snort mailing list archives

RE: Best OS

From: "Patrick S. Harper" <lists () internetsecurityguru com>
Date: 12 Apr 2003 12:47:58 -0700

On Sat, 2003-04-12 at 09:26, Ryan Finnesey wrote:
I did some cheeking and it looks like the only OS Compaq supports are Red Hat Linux and Windows on the DL 380 G3 and
that is what we where going to be running Snot on.  So I need to find out how well Snot runs on Read Hat and windows.

It works very well on RedHat, as well as windows (I prefer to run it on Linux though, performs better and no expense
for the OS)
--
Patrick S. Harper | CISSP MCSE
patrick () internetsecurityguru com