Snort mailing list archives

Re: What have I screwed up on this SQL call?

From: Jason Haar <Jason.Haar () trimble co nz>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 08:49:29 +1200

Hutchinson, Andrew wrote:

I'm not certain exactly what your question is, but here are a couple
observations:

in your INSERT statements below, you're trying to insert a value into an
auto-increment field.

Sorry - those INSERTS were just dumped out - I actual did let the auto-increment create the numbers (it's just the first record).

The INSERTS are working fine - the problem is that I can't figure out how ACID reads the tables to grab the actual signature details.

I have the signature string in the signature table, and the classification in the sig_class table - but ACID keeps showing the signature string (e.g. "WEB IIS cmd.exe") as being "1" instead of the string.

ACID must be looking for something else that I'm not seeing (and that's after running MySQL with logging and going through the SELECT calls one-after-another. I still can't find the cause!)

Thanks

Jason