Snort mailing list archives

RE: Re: Log vs Alert

From: "John Deagan" <johndeaganaka () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 21:55:34 +0000

I tried this line:
./snort -c /usr/local/share/snort/snort.conf -N -A none -r /tmp/trace2
and nothing was logged into the database. I know there is a way to stick stuff in the database without that damn /var/log/snort/alert

Using only -A none stores a bunch of junk in /var/log/snort that is just as bad as the alert
and -N stores nothing in the database at all

<<< John >>>