Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort Sensor Placement Outside Firewall

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () winsnort com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 22:38:15 -0700

David,

What volume of traffic do you have to manage everyday and how much time do
you actually spend managing that traffic. I’m assuming that you do have the
IDS on the outside of the firewall? This was the crux of Rich’s question. If
your IDS is on the outside of your firewall can you tell me what the reason
is?

Cheers…

Michael