Snort mailing list archives

Re: OT-Read Only Network cables

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 15:13:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Mike Feetham wrote:

I have seen a reference or two in this list about read-only network
cables.  Does anyone have a website or other documentation on how to
make them?  Is it just a matter of snipping the send pair on a cat5?
I'm putting together some IDS boxes for a couple of companies that are
too cheap/can't afford taps.

http://www.theadamsfamily.net/~erek/snort/

Two differnt types there.

Cheers!