Snort mailing list archives

ACID - No Alerts found.....sometimes

From: "Scott O." <olihozik () earthlink net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 15:07:20 -0400

I have just started using ACID with Snort.  Logging of everything to the MySQL database is working great, and the rules
are tuned to my liking.

Here is my problem:

When I go to the ACID page it comes up and everything is great, however, as soon as I say click on the link next to
TCP(70%) - it brings me to the TCP alerts just fine and I can see everything.  Then I click back and go to another one,
say Most recent 15 unique alerts.  I see them fine, then click back.  On this third link that I want to go look at, it
brings me to the right page, but no alerts are there.  In addition it says No alerts found.  It doesn't happen all of
the time, and as soon as I close the browser and go back to the ACID page it at least lets me look at 2 links again
before it shows nothing on the third link.  Other times, I can look at as many links as I want and it never bombs.

Anybody run into this before?

Thanks,

Scott