Snort mailing list archives

RE: Problems with Snort and MySQL on FreeBSD 5

From: twig les <twigles () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 10:53:18 -0700 (PDT)

This happens a lot when bsd can't find mysql during the snort
compilation.  Start snort with the -T option, it may not be
starting at all.  If not try reinstalling snort over the current
setup and watching the make output to see if it finds mysql.

--- Joo Carlos Couto <jonplas115 () hotmail com> wrote:
Thank You for answering...

Don't worry, I did run "make install" after "make
-DWITH_MYSQL" and
everything went fine. But it simply doesn't work!!!
Let's start again. Boot runs ok, apache initialized, Idled ...
, MySQL, ...
and when it has to come up with Snort, I get the following
error:
"If this built of Snort was obtained as a binary distribution
(e.g., rpm, or
Windows) , then check for alternate builds that contains the
necessary
'mysql' support. ..."
So, I don't have the Snort service started.
If I try to start this by hand, using the snort.sh script, it
gives me no
errors and seens to start the service. But I have nothing
written in my
database.