Snort mailing list archives

Connecting through Snortcenter

From: "Ryan Koster" <ryank () osisonline net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 10:08:17 -0400

I have a connection issue.  I am brand new to snort and I am using the
guide from superhac.com to walk me through the process.  Everything has
been going well until I tried to connect my snort sensor to the
management console using snortcenter.  I followed the directions exactly
and I am unable to connect.  Since it is using port 2525 to connect is
there something I need to do with that on either machine?  I run nmap
-sT -O localhost to view open ports and that port does not appear as
open.  Is that my problem or is there something else?  Please help.

Thanks in advance