Snort mailing list archives

Re: No detail or contents in acid and barnyard

From: Bamm Visscher <bamm () satx rr com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 07:18:07 -0500

Unified out 'alert' data doesn't contain any packet info. You need to make sure barnyard is tracking the unified 'log'
file and that the database output plugin is attached to the log facility. Barnyard CANNOT process both unified types at
once:

  barnyard -c config/barnyard.alert -d LOGS/DMZ-O/barnyard/ -f snort.log
  # Disable the below line
  #output alert_acid_db: mysql, sensor_id 1, database snort, server xxxxx.auckland.ac.nz, user snort, password xxxxx
  output log_acid_db: mysql, sensor_id 1, database snort, server xxxxx.auckland.ac.nz, user snort, password xxxxx

Bammkkkk