Snort mailing list archives

RE: (no subject)

From: "Brian Gregorcy" <bgregor () dcti com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 08:47:28 -0600

Are there alerts that are being thrown?  Snort does not have rules in its
local.rules file, so if you are local to the snort machine then there will
not be any alerts/logging to be done.  You can add this line to local.rules
files to see:

alert ip !$HOME_NET any -> $HOME_NET any (msg "LOCAL TEST";)

good luck