Snort mailing list archives

Re: Interest in Snort/Acid/SnortCenter/etc... Integrated RPM and Setup?

From: Sumit Dhar <ml_dhar () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 22:41:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Everyone,

Thinking this might be easier for my sensors, curious if it would help
others at the same time

Depending on the number of sensors you have, you can go a step further. We were planning to set up over 200 Snort
Sensors, that too in remote locations. Doing this would have been very complicated. So what we did was built a
customized Linux distro.

This distro would install Snort, SnortCenter, Acid and some other packages. The whole installation was automated, so
that admins who had never had installed linux would be able to do so. This was done using Linux Kickstart feature.

In case you need help with that, please let me know. I would be more than glad to help you out.

With Regards,

Sumit Dhar
http://www.rootshell.be/~dhar/