Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort alerts to SNMP

From: "Rafeeq Rehman" <rr () argusnetsec com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 22:15:03 -0400

Depends upon the environment. Usually goal of monitoring the business
production systems is to keep an eye on things which are critical to routine
business operation (databases, routers etc.). As a matter of principle,
monitoring of security devices should be separate from monitoring of, for
example, an oracle server. Other opinions are welcomed.