Snort mailing list archives

RE: disable /var/log/snort logging

From: "Nick White" <nwhite () avidbio com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 13:45:50 -0700

That did it! Funny, the first time I tried output log_null on it's own
line, snort wouldn't start... I must have done something wrong that
first time.  So I figured maybe you meant to put it on the same line,
and snort started fine once I did that.  I tried it again on it's own
line, and snort started.  Must be the gremlins.

Anyway snort is logging to mysql beautifully, and no redundant disk
logging.  Many many thanks to LCL and those here on snort-users.

NW