Snort mailing list archives

Sniffer Mode

From: "Jeff Jirka" <jjirka () qwest net>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 20:21:16 -0700

My setup...

   - web server sitting on the Internet running Snort v.2.0
   - this is a DSL circuit
   - my web server uses a static address
   - the router to my ISP also has a static address
   - a firewall to my internal network is also on this segment using another
static addresses

I want to capture traffic between the web server and ISP but see everything
on the screen for it AND the traffic between my internal network and ISP. I
have tried configuring a rules.txt file at least 10 different ways to no
avail. Is there some way to only show the traffic on the screen for the web
server to ISP conversations?