Snort mailing list archives

Re: Send data to MySQL and Alert file

From: Yijia_Zhou () infonet com
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 16:28:14 -0700

Run two snort daemon and use different configuration file, one for MySQL and one
for log.

-Craig

|---------+--------------------------------------->
|         |           "Anthony Seung"             |
|         |           <aseung () bart gov>           |
|         |           Sent by:                    |
|         |           snort-users-admin () lists sour|
|         |           ceforge.net                 |
|         |                                       |
|         |                                       |
|         |           05/05/2003 09:49 AM         |
|         |                                       |
|---------+--------------------------------------->

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

  |       To:       <snort-users () lists sourceforge net>
            |
  |       cc:
         |
  |       Subject:  [Snort-users] Send data to MySQL and Alert file

I am trying to send data to two places.  One is to the MySQL database
and another is to the alert file.  When I set the output to MySQL, no
data goes to alert file.  Only when I comment out output for MySQL, the
data now goes to alert file.  Anybody know how to get data to both
places?

Thanks,

Anthony Seung
Communications Engineering