Snort mailing list archives

Rule Order

From: "Ron Shuck" <rshuck () Buchanan com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 14:33:20 -0500

Hi,

Has anyone else changed the rule order under 2.0?

When I upgraded to 2.0, I started having problems with ICMP alerts when
my rule order was set to 'pass alert log'. Actually, any setting other
than default caused problems. ICMP alerts happen, they just skip the
normal rule and trigger the "Undefined Code" rule.

TIA,

Ron Shuck, CISSP, GCIA - Managing Consultant
Buchanan Associates - A Technology Company in the People Business
http://www.buchanan.com
http://www.isc2.org
http://www.giac.org