Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 2.0.0 & syslog (solved)

From: Hubert Adgié <hubert.adgie () ispinfo fr>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:52:59 +0200

En ce jour du Mardi 29 avril 2003 à 14:17
MLH parlait ainsi :

En ce jour du Mardi 29 avril 2003 à 12:44
Simon Gray parlait ainsi :

We use snort 1.91 on FreeBSD (logging to syslog, and acid) without any
problems.

I heard that but I would like to known if the 2.0.0 bug regarding syslog in snort 2.0.0 (as mentioned in the subject)
is fixed or not...

We are upgrading from 1.8.1.
And we prefer to upgrade to 2.x instead of 1.9.1  and then 2.x :(

To enable sysloging with snort-2.0.0, you MUST use the corresponding output plugin

  output alert_syslog: LOG_AUTH LOG_ALERT

but DO NOT USE -s inline...

--
Hubert Adgié