Snort mailing list archives

Re: Too little traffic being seen!

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 17:57:02 -0400

Try sending snort a kill -USR1 and look in your syslog logfiles to see if it's dropping packets. (yes, it WILL go to syslog, even if you're not using syslog logging for snort alerts)

If it is, disable spp_portscan2 and spp_conversation and try that. They chew up a lot of memory and add a lot of overhead for something that doesn't work well.

You might also want to run "top" and make sure you're not using a ton of swap memory.