Snort mailing list archives

RE: Winpcap and cheap NICs...

From: "Tobias Rice" <tobias () fatofthelan com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 21:31:13 -0800

I'm not really sure what you mean. This is a fresh install, so it wouldn't
be using the old name. Take a look at this:
[snip]
database:   sensor name = MACHINENAME:\Device\Packet_NdisWanIp
database:     sensor id = 1
[/snip]
This is what is get when I start Snort on the new machine.
This is what I'm used to seeing on my other sensors:
[snip]
database:   sensor name =
MACHINENAME:\Device\Packet_{86B2AC7B-ACAC-4EBE-9E72-A294A4CD29E8}
database:     sensor id = 2
[/snip]

Any thoughts?
Thanks once again!