Snort mailing list archives

RE: HTML E-Mail Rule

From: "Gordon Cunningham" <gcunnin2 () bellsouth net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 21:44:47 -0500

If the users are using the web site, they are most-likely sending HTML via
forms and that is all you'll see.  I believe you'll have to learn the
<hotmail> destinations and filter on those.

If they are using a mail client and hitting Hotmail via imap or pop3, you
can filter on those.  Probably add the destination for better filtering.

Or you can do what we do - shut off access to all email-based web sites.
Most companies that sell filter lists by category will have them listed.
Proxy servers and/or firewalls will allow this.

- Gordon