Snort mailing list archives

RE: Help

From: twig les <twigles () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 20:31:26 -0800 (PST)

I usually just sniff with tcpdump into a binary file
(or pipe into a text file if there isn't much traffic)
and read it back with Ethereal.  Doesn't get much
easier than hitting the "Follow TCP Stream" button.

--- "Semerjian, Ohanes" <Semerjian.Ohanes () wcom com au>
wrote:
There is another way of achieving ur goal and that
is by writing a rule
something like

alert tcp employee_IP_address any -> dest_IP 25
(msg:"whatever u whant";)

Best Regards

Ohanes Semerjian