Snort mailing list archives

Re: Windows 1.9.0 install doesn't recognize

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 16:40:30 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Gordon Cunningham wrote:

I've been using snort for a while, am somewhat familiar with rules and such.
I just installed Snort 1.9.0 on a Windows machine running Win2k Pro, and
after I installed the latest rulebase, Snort barfs at many of the rules with
errors like:

ERROR: rules/exploit.rules(8) => Unknown keyword "flow" in rule!
Fatal Error, Quitting..

Now, I know this is a good rule/keyword in *nix.  What's the problem with it
under Windows?

Nothing.  You've just got an old version.  1.8.x doesn't have flow as a
keyword, where 1.9.x does.  Check your version...  I think you'll find
it's a 1.8.x copy.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams