Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort not connecting to MySQL

From: "L. Christopher Luther" <CLuther () Xybernaut com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 18:10:57 -0500

The command line parameters '-A fast' and '-b' will override the 'output
database: ..." option in snort.conf everytime.  Drop these command line
parameters and add the following to snort.conf:

  output alert_fast: alert.fast   [or whatever file name you want to use in
place of alert.fast]
  output log_tcpdump: snort.log   [or whatever file name you want to use in
place of snort.log]

- Christopher