Snort mailing list archives

RE: unix time appended to snort log

From: Steven Wo <mrvinci () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 23:49:30 -0800 (PST)

Hmmm. I guess it sounds like it isn't possible to drop
the unix time being appended to the log files if I'm
using the -l and -L flags. I have multiple interfaces
and a specific naming scheme... Oh well, thanks!

Steven

--- "Gonzalez, Albert" <albert.gonzalez () eds com>
wrote:
If you want to just log to /var/log/snort/alert

that is the default logging mechanism... so just
drop -l and -L .....

Cheers!

Alberto Gonzalez
Intrusion Detection Systems - GSOC
Security and Privacy Professional Services