Snort mailing list archives

Re: ACID

From: "Master Brian" <mangabbs () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 17:45:07 +0200

Patrick,

In past days I've posted again and again my problem, including all the
specification.

1. have you ever looked at the documentation?

yes

2. have you ever searched google?

yes I do.

3. do you make a habit of migrating to databases when you have no idea
if the software supports it?

I cannot just imagine that a product that work in sinergy with another
product support something that the other couldn't support. But this is my
fault maybe.

4. did you compile with oracle support? (--with-oracle)

Yes Patrick, you have also helped me to solve the problem, do you remember?

p.s. You need to include more information with your posts.  As far as I
know there are no mind readers on this list, if we could read minds
would we really need acid and snort?

Already done. The support/docs/faqs regarding ORACLE with snort are very
poor, and even more in acid. I have only asked if Acid support oracle... I
tought that the specs are not so important.
Thank you for your support and your help :)

Lorenzo

P.s. around internet (thx to google) I've found this query posted so many
times, but not interesting/usefull/clear answer related.