Snort mailing list archives

Re: Over 1 Million records in ACID.....

From: Erick Mechler <emechler () techometer net>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 12:19:23 -0800

:: I got some over 1(one) million records in ACID under one of the
:: classifications.
::
:: This is due to the fact that I turned on the rule "sid: 1620; rev: 3; msg:
:: "BAD TRAFFIC Non-Standard IP protocol"; ip_proto: !89; classtype:
:: non-standard-protocol;)". Big mistake!!!!!
::
:: Now that I've learned from this mistake, how can I get rid of these records?

I believe there was a script posted to the list earlier this year that
could do just what you need.  It would delete all records during a specific
timeframe with a given SID.  Do a search on the archives and see if you can
find it.

Cheers - Erick