Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 2.0 rc1 available

From: "Andrew R. Baker" <andrewb () snort org>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 11:13:14 -0500

Paul B. Poh wrote:

Funny you mentioned that. I was just wondering myself why the asn1 preprocessor was removed. I did look around the other preprocessors and I did not see asn1 decoding anywhere.

The ASN.1 preprocessor was removed since it had several bugs, a tendency to false alarm, and did not really provide much useful functionality (all it did was look at the length encodings and alert if it saw something suspicious). I should be making it available as a patch for 2.0 sometime this week (as I have time to do so).

-A